25.6.14

Manic Panic Luscious Lipstick Review + Swatch


On my search for a Lime Crime Hollygram dupe, I stumbled across hair dye company Manic Panic's Luscious Lipstick line. Their color Green Envy is not a spot-on dupe, but it works.


REVIEW

Green Envy
First off, can I talk about the packaging? It's funky, and I love it. The tube is slim and glossy black, with the lid studded in clear plastic stones. On the lower part of the tube you can see a silver skull and crossbones with 'in glam we trust' scrawled across the top. I feel pretty badass pulling this out of my purse.

Now, to to the color. Green Envy is a metallic blue-toned forest green; I'd even go so far as to call it 'forest' green.

I can't find anything as far as an ingredients list on Manic Panic's website, or anywhere else on the internet, but it claims to be vegan and all-natural.

At first, it's difficult to work up opacity but I've found that this is only when the lipstick is brand new. I wear a clear liplock lipliner around my lips to keep everything in place, but this lipstick is opaque enough to not need a green lipliner underneath.

As is needed with strange colored lipstick, this is sufficiently long wearing. I apply heavily, blot, and apply again in order to keep the color strong. After blotting, the color is dulled but still opaque and doesn't transfer if you have a light touch. I could drink out of a cup and not leave a stain, but if I swiped a finger across my lips I would leave a greenish stain on my finger.

SWATCH

Green Envy

CONCLUSION

If you like weird, all natural, vegan lipsticks, this is your company! The lipsticks are on the more expensive side, listed at $15.50 on Manic Panic's website. Luckily I have an Amazon Prime account, where I can buy it for about $12.

BUY HERE