26.7.14

My Pretty Zombie Eyeshadows in My Pretty Zombie, Hoof and Mouth, Monstrous Industry, Moist Reviews + Swatches




REVIEWS + SWATCHES


MY PRETTY ZOMBIE

Description from Myprettyzombie.com:
My Pretty Zombie is my signature color: barbie corvette pink shimmer.
Ingredients list from Myprettyzombie.com:
Mica, carmine, titanium dioxide, Tin oxide, Magnesium myristrate.
$5.00 for one jar containing 1.5gr. of product.



My Pretty Zombie is a matte bright, intense magenta pink with shimmer.

This shadow is heavily pigmented. The shimmer is incredibly bright and very present, making this shadow twinkle like most MPZ's products do.

Unfortunately, the first thing to go with this shadow is the shimmer. You will still keep the matte pink for a good while after that, but it simply does not pack the punch that it had at first application. Keep in mind that I review shadows based on how they hold up on bare skin, so possibly with your primer of choice it would be different. Perhaps Pixie Epoxy.

Similar: mNg no. 1 by My Pretty Zombie, less opaque with green/blue shimmer; Monaco from Too Faced À La Mode Eyes palette, less opaque with no shimmer.


HOOF AND MOUTH

from the Husbandry Affliction Collection

Description from Myprettyzombie.com:
When I was in high school, I took a class called " Animal Science" to avoid taking Biology.
I learned all kinds of fascinating and useful information about sexing rabbits, grading cuts of beef, and up to date de-horning techniques. It was my favorite class. The text book was beyond awesome! Swiss Brown is still the prettiest breed of cow out there, in my opinion.
I was obsessed with the animal diseases chapter and would force everyone I knew to look at all the great pictures. 
The picture of a cow with Anthrax was especially memorable. Not graphic or gory, but just a cow on its back with all its legs stiff and pointing upward. Sad , comical , and pretty all at the same time. 
So those long ago photos and memories were my inspiration for this collection. 
Hoof and Mouth- Blue to purple with a pink and silver shift.
Ingredients list from Myprettyzombie.com:
Mica, carmine, ultramarine blue, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide, tin oxide, magnesium myristrate
$5.00 for one jar containing 1.5gr. of product, $15.00 for entire 3-shadow collection


HOOF AND MOUTH is a matte blue-purple with sometimes green-looking silver shimmer.

MPZ claims that there is pink shimmer in this shadow, but honestly I'm not seeing it. It seems to me more like this shadow just has green shimmer, but it could just be my batch. Each batch of indie shadows are not guaranteed to be identical.

Like My Pretty Zombie, the shimmer is the first thing to go from this shadow. The bluish purple is still a pretty color, but again it simply lacks the punch it once packed. After the shimmer is gone, this shadow does last fairly long.




MONSTROUS INDUSTRY

Description from Myprettyzombie.com:
Monstrous Industry is a light lavender with a blue shift.
Ingredients list from Myprettyzombie:
Mica, titanium dioxide, tin oxide, silicon dioxide, carbon black, magnesium myristrate.
$5.00 for one jar containing 1.5gr. of product.




Monstrous Industry, while described by MPZ as lavender with blue shift, I would call it satin blue with lavender shift.

This shadow is not fully opaque, it is rather sheer. This makes it wonderful for layering over other colors or using as an inner highlight.

It is such a light color that it doesn't last very long. Unlike the previous two shadows, it does not have shimmer in it so it stays pretty consistent right through to the end.


MOIST

Description from Myprettyzombie.com:
One of the most hated words in the english language! Now in eyeshadow form! 
Personally, I don't mind it so much. What word do I hate? Whimsy. It seriously makes me gag a little when I hear it. 
Moist is a shimmery creamsicle orange! Thanks to my pal Erin for the color request.
Ingredients list from Myprettyzombie.com:
Mica, titanium dioxide, yellow #5 lake, hydrogenated polisobutane, palmitic, acid, tin oxide, cosmetic glitter, carmine, magnesium myristrate
$5.00 for one jar containing 1.5gr. of product.



Moist is a satin creamy orange with some gold shift.

I swear, I was going to mention how much I dislike the word "moist" but Andrea beat me to it. "Moist" is tied with "muy" ("very" in Spanish) for my least favorite words in languages I speak. For the other side of things, my two favorite words are "precipitate" and "reciprocate".

Anyway, on to the shadow. This shadow lasts longer than Monstrous Industry but decays in the same sort of way, staying fairly unchanged until its eminent death. 

Similar: Cannes from Too Faced À La Mode Eyes palette, no gold shift, more coppery.


CONCLUSION

I'll definitely use these shadows because I got them as samples, but I might not buy full size versions of all of these shadows. I like Moist a lot, as well as Hoof and Mouth so I may spring for those. My Pretty Zombie is just too similar to mNg no. 1 which I already own, so I probably won't be getting that one even though it is nice.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.