27.7.14

My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in LSD Review + Swatches







REVIEW

Description from Myprettyzombie.com:
I look at drug names all day long at my day job...what better thing to name a product that gives you a glowing visage.
Please don't do drugs though ,okay? They are very bad.
"Lysergic acid diethylamide, abbreviated LSD or LSD-25, also known as lysergide and colloquially as acid, is a semisynthetic psychedelic drug of the ergoline family, well known for its psychological effects which can include altered thinking processes, closed and open eye visuals, synaesthesia, an altered sense of time and spiritual experiences, as well as for its key role in 1960s counterculture."- wikipedia
LSD Blush is a muted gray plum with a groovy red to gold shift
Ingredients list from Myprettyzombie.com:
Mica, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, magnesium myristrate, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, tin oxide, copper powder
$8.00 for one jar with 3.5gr. of product. 



LSD is a plummy gray with pinkish gold shimmer.

The shift that MPZ talks about it really more of a shimmer, since to me "shift" is a lot more fine than "shimmer", which I define as small bits of glitter.

I love gray blush and this was the blush that got me started. This was the first gray blush I'd ever seen, loved it, but hadn't bought it until just recently. Previously to buying this blush I had just been using gray eyeshadows to give me the same effect. Now that I have this blush and have worn it a few times, I can honestly review it.

On my pale skin this color looks best as a contour, or lightly brushed on my cheekbones nearer to my ear. This is not a blush you would want to apply to your apples, unless you have skin that would support it. I could imagine this looking nearly natural on someone with darker skin.

This blush is quite buildable, so I've included three swatches of varying strengths. It does take a while to build it up to opacity, but unfortunately not as long for it to fade and fall off. As with most MPZ shimmery products the shimmer dies first, leaving behind the "base". The base will last for a whole day if you don't mess around with it, but it rubs off and smudges easily. This is not water-resistant in any sense.

SWATCHES





CONCLUSION

I think that this is a pretty blush, regardless of the quality. I have yet to find somewhere (except Little Sparrow, I guess) that has the same sort of unique blushes as MPZ. The unfortunate thing about MPZ is that the quality leaves a little to be desired.

Generally I don't wear makeup for the majority of my day, usually just for going out. Even when I go out it is usually not full of activity or strain on the makeup, so cosmetics that don't last forever are okay with me. Depending on how long you need this blush to wear you can make the decision of buying for yourself. Once Little Sparrow get their website back up I'll check out and review their blushes, might even compare them to MPZ blushes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.