27.7.14

Shiro Custom Gloss in Opaque Unflavored Steve. Review + Swatches



REVIEW

Custom Gloss description from Shirocosmetics.com:
Choose a lip-safe eye shadow or blush color, or request a custom match, and we’ll blend it into our much-loved lip gloss base to create a special gloss just for you! Our base is smooth, non-sticky, and lightly moisturizing.

Glosses come in a 15-mL tube with doefoot applicator.

Custom Gloss ingredients list from Shirocosmetics.com:
(Base only) Hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, meadowfoam seed oil, cocoa butter, vitamin E

Steve. eyeshadow description from Shirocosmetics.com:
Poor lonely Steve tries to entertain himself. Mostly he just ends up looking silly. At least there’s no one to see.

Bright, lightly shimmery turquoise. Lip-safe!

Steve. eyeshadow ingredients list from Shirocosmetics.com:
Mica, carnauba wax, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, blue 1, yellow 5.

$9.00-$13.00 for one 15ml. tube.




Steve. is a shimmer teal-turquoise.

Shiro's custom glosses are so much fun. I knew the first time I heard about them that I had to request one myself, and really milk the "any eyeshadow" thing. I wanted a gloss that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else.

Hence Steve. being born. Shiro's packaging is always adorable, and even though the custom glosses' packaging is minimal at best it is still visually appealing. The applicator works well, so I have really no complaints about the packaging.

I picked Opaque when prompted, though the options Moderate and Sheer are still available to you. I also picked unflavored since I didn't think I would care and it costs more money. I don't regret the first choice, blue lip gloss does sort of need to be fairly opaque, but I certainly regret the second.

Instead of "Unflavored", Shiro really should list this option as "Gasoline-Soaked Olive Oil". This stuff is awful, smell and taste-wise. I have no idea what sort of toxicities hydrogenated polyisobutene, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, and butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer are, but they sure ain't good. I don't care which flavor you do pick, but please spring for it unless you actually like gasoline-soaked olive oil.

As for the formula, it's great. This feels almost identical to NYX's Butter Glosses, non-sticky and very melty. They differ from the Butter Glosses because this is easily transferrable. They last about as long as a typical gloss lasts.

SWATCHES


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.