28.7.14

Physicians Formula Plump Potion Needle-Free Lip Plumping Cocktail Review



REVIEW

Description from Physiciansformula.com:
  • Get fuller, plumper looking lips, needle-free in 60 seconds!
  • Lip plumping lacquer formulated with a high-tech cocktail of non-irritating ingredients to transform lip's appearance, contour, size and color so they look and feel fuller, smoother, sexier.
  • 3x Plumping Effect: 1) Instant Plumping Effect 2) Instant Hydrating & Smoothing Effect 3) Younger, Smoother & Fuller Looking Lips with continued use.
Ingredients list from Physiciansformula.com:
POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAFFEINE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, MENTHOL, METHYL NICOTINATE, NIACIN, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, QUARTERNIUM-90 BENTONITE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TRIBEHENIN, BHT, PROPYLPARABEN, FLAVOR
$9.75 for one tube containing 0.1oz./3gr. of product. 


A spur-of-the-moment purchase. I have fairly full lips already, but after lustfully looking at Sarah Paulson's lips I realized that sometimes I just wanted a bit more.

Being both cruelty free and kind of cheap, I was left with very few choices. I pored over reviews for days. The one I was just about to buy was NYX's Plump It Up Lip Plumper, but luckily I read the less-than-favorable reviews first and stopped myself.

When I stumbled across this product in the Related Items section of Amazon, I just shrugged and threw it in my cart. I am now glad to report that it turned out better than I'd expected.

Plump Potion comes in a clear gloss medium with brush applicator. A doe-foot applicator may have been better but it is still easy to apply. This is the only gloss I've ever tried that dragged across my lips, because it is so very thick. Imagine ooblek as a gloss.

This certainly does tingle, as any decent lip plumper should, but it really doesn't hurt. If the sensation is too much for you, though, it stops immediately when you wipe it off. A few minutes after application my lips become more red, due to the increased bloodflow, and also plump up rather nicely.

The plumpness lasts as long as the gloss lasts, which is a little longer than your average gloss. Because it is so glossy it can be a bit difficult to apply colors on top of this product, but it isn't impossible. Plump lips are simply a high-maintenance look, where if you really want to keep the plumpness throughout the day you'd need to reapply the Potion every few hours.

I am afraid that people might build up a resistance to this stuff. I tried it first at night, and tried it again the next morning. That time I used it it didn't feel tingly at all, and didn't seem like it was working at all. I applied it once more the next day and it worked, so I wonder if it's simply a timeframe sort of thing or if truly over time I will stop responding to it.

CONCLUSION

Lip plumpers seem to be a personal product, that one will work great for one person but terribly for another. Personally, this one works very well for me. I'd say that it's certainly worth trying, but I cannot guarantee that you will get the same results as I had.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.