5.8.14

Detrivore Blush in Bluebeard Review + Swatches


REVIEW



Description from Shirocosmetics.com:
Vegan, Eye-Safe, Not Lip-Safe
Medium matte blue with a periwinkle tint.
Ingredients from Shirocosmetics.com:
Serecite mica, magnesium myristrate, ultramarine blue, titanium dioxide.
$1.50 for one sample baggie with about 1/4tsp. of product, $8.00 for one 10gr. jar.



Bluebeard is a matte pastel periwinkle blue.

The first stop on my new weird blush journey. Well, that's not entirely true -- I do still own LSD and Fluoxetine by My Pretty Zombie, and those are pretty weird.

This is the first stop on the newly dubbed weird blush journey. That works better.

Blue is a pretty weird color for a blush, but on skin it picks up a more purple tint. It's a milky-blue lavender on skin, making a pale person look more pale and a dark person look ashy. Pale and ashy aren't necessarily bad things, though! I personally like the look -- I have a soft place in my heart for goths and other un-categorized weirdos.

This blush isn't the most pigmented blush in the world, but maybe it would appear more pigmented on someone with dark skin. For me personally I needed to build up the blush quite a lot in order to get more than a whisper of color.

It lasts about as long as your foundation/base does. On bare skin it's nearly gone within a few minutes, but it does a lot better if you do apply it over some sort of base or foundation. It would also work really well as an eyeshadow, because it truly is a very pretty color.

SWATCHES



Here is Bluebeard. I like to swatch light, medium, and heavy for blushes but Bluebeard goes from nonexistent to heavy in one step so I just included heavy in this post.

CONCLUSION

Is it weird? Oh yes it is. Can it look really good in certain circumstances? Again, yes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.