8.9.14

Haus of Gloi Candy Corn Lip Balm Review





My name is Erin and I am a lipbalmaholic.


REVIEW

Description from Hausofgloi.com:
Smoother than before! We're using a better and more refined candelilla wax with this seasonal batch of balm. We've removed jojoba from the formula for now, due to intense price hikes on the market. Shea butter is now being used in the place of the jojoba. I find the formula a little more creamy and plush. The changes aren't super major, it's a very subtle difference from the original. The star of this formula, the pomegranate oil is still there! It's what makes our balm truly amazing. Enjoy!
Ingredients list from Hausofgloi.com:
 Virgin cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, candelilla (euphorbia cerifera) wax, punica granatum linn (pomegranate) oil, caprylic/capric/stearic glycerides, cymbidium grandiflorum (orchid) flower extract, flavor oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, tocopherol (vitamin E)
$3.50 for one .2oz. tube.

First off, can we talk about the scent? My goodness this smells heavenly. Buttery and sugary but not sickeningly so. Definitely brings me right back to childhood memories of sneaking candy corn from a bowl at my great grandparents' house.

Unfortunately this balm does not also taste like candy corn. It tastes very neutral, but I do detect a little something... almost like anise, as strange as that is. Very subtle but still there. Occasionally I will taste something sweet but I haven't yet figured out if it is the balm or just something I've eaten. Even if it is the balm, there must only be veins of flavor because I definitely don't get the taste all the time.

But aside from the scent and taste, this feels amazing. Previously my favorite balm had been Burt's Bees' Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter, reviewed by me here. I do still love that balm, but this one is just as good. The formula is smooth and soft, heavily moisturizing and doesn't feel too slippery. The only issue I've noticed with it is that sometimes harder chunks of more solidified oil will break off on application, but I have also noticed this with practically every lip balm I've ever tried -- and there are quite a few, believe me.


CONCLUSION

If you're half as crazy about lip balms as I am, you might want to head on over to Haus of Gloi and buy yourself a tube (or thirty, whichever). As far as I can tell the balms are only seasonal so you'd be wise to stock up now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.