5.8.14

No Buy Eyeshadow Challenge: Day 1

I seriously need to stop buying so much makeup.

In order to slow down my buying habits to a complete stop, I've instated a challenge upon myself. I need to use every single eyeshadow in my collection at least once before buying any more. I have a massive amount of samples that I've ordered to try, but normally I just swatch and review them and then forget about them completely.

Each day, starting this morning, I'll randomly pick three eyeshadows using a random number generator and challenge myself to create a look with them.

TODAY'S SHADOWS

SATURN BY TILT/SHIFT COSMETICS

UNNAMED, UNRELEASED SAMPLE BY BLACKBIRD COSMETICS

BLUE FUNGUS ON CORPSES BY MY PRETTY ZOMBIE


Using Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy as a base, I used the unnamed unreleased sample all over my lid. I then applied Blue Fungus on Corpses wet as a winged eyeliner. Finally I blended Saturn from the tear duct along the front third of my lids.

Ultimately I think today's shadows work alright with each other. If I had picked the shadows on my own, I probably wouldn't have picked the Blackbird sample. I probably would've picked a matte nude instead. Nevertheless my look isn't terrible, so my challenge is off to a good start.

Unfortunately (wow, three paragraphs in a row starting with "U") I don't have pictures. I got ready in a hurry and have been at work all day. Oh well. Tomorrow should go better.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.