6.7.14

e.l.f. Mineral Blush in Joy Review + Swatches

Joy

Joy

REVIEW + SWATCHES

Description from e.l.f.'s website:
Create a subtle color definition to your cheeks that will add radiance and a glow, for a healthy look you can see. All our blushes are mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.
Ingredients list from e.l.f.'s website:
Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate(Ve), Boron Nitride. May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarine Blue(CI 77007) 
Joy
Joy is a light matte, nearly taupe-y, pink.

I haven't ripped the sifter out of this product yet, because I actually kind of like it. I still prefer pressed over loose powders, but this is one of my favorite loose powders.

This blush is very light and so you won't get a whole load of pigmentation out of it, but that's okay. This is a very natural-looking subtle hint of color that I personally love for summer.

The powder does settle in to your skin as the day goes on, so it doesn't smudge or run. It gives you a nice matte finish with no shimmer so it looks incredibly natural.

Joy
This is my poor attempt at capturing a swatch on camera. Because this isn't a very intense or bright blush, it is sort of difficult to see it.

Joy
This is the blush on my face, just be aware that I was also wearing highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones.

CONCLUSION

Hey, I love this stuff. It's a really nice blush at a really good price. This is often considered a dupe for Benefit's Dandelion, but I don't have Dandelion so I can't compare them for myself. Whether it is a dupe or not, I still consider this blush a very nice color to those of us with medium to fair skintones.

BUY HERE, $5.00

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.