8.7.14

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Ultra Matte V1 Review + Swatches


3/8/2016: NOT vegan


REVIEW + SWATCHES

Description from Sleek MakeUP's website:
Ultra Matte Brights are intensely creamy and super blend-able. Due to the intense colour, a little goes a long way. With cobalt blue and canary yellow neon shades these are ideal for creating strong vivid eye looks. Use as a liner along your top or bottom lash line for edgy colourful eyes.
Ingredients list from Sleek MakeUP's website:
Mica, Talc, Kaolin, Magnesium, Stearate Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylparaben and Methylparaben, +/- [CI77510, CI 77289, CI 77491, ,CI 77492]
Chill, Pout, Sugarlite, Dragon Fly, Pucker, Bamm!
Cricket, Bolt, Strike, Floss, Crete, Pow!
Above is a picture of the entire palette. The palette itself is thin with a matte black case. It's a tiny bit longer than my iPhone 5, which makes it very compact and good for storage as well as travel. The palette comes with a clear plastic sheet with shade names on it, but the lettering is white which makes it difficult to see it on the colors Bamm! and Pow!. There is a small cutout spot for the dual-ended sponge eyeshadow applicator that came with the palette, but I hate those things so I threw it away. If you're like me, you could put a better eyeshadow brush in there or even an eyeliner, depending on your needs throughout the day.

One thing I love about the packaging is the outer box, which I have not pictured here. On the back of it are some 'recipes' for different eye looks, and I must say that after trying them out, they're pretty good. Weird, of course, but good.

Sleek MakeUP was not kidding when they called this Ultra Matte Brights, because these colors are intense. Like it says in the description, you really don't need a whole lot from the brighter colors in order to get them to show up. The only color that really needs a lot of layering is Floss, but that could just be for me since I'm so pale. Other colors in the palette are a bit more difficult to apply, Crete and Dragon Fly, but they aren't hopeless -- with a base or primer they're great.

These shadows are easily blendable, like the description says, but I wouldn't call them creamy. They're a bit powdery for my tastes, like chalk almost, but they still cling and blend and don't transfer so I wouldn't call that a bad thing.

Chill, Pout
Cricket, Bolt
Here are the first four colors of the palette. This photo is oddly pink-tinted, ignore it please.

Chill is intense turquoise.

Pout is hot magenta-pink.

Cricket is a yellow-toned grass green.

Bolt is a true cobalt blue.

These four are the best out of the palette, in my opinion, with regards to pigmentation. I had no problem swatching these and having them show up well, but I did have that problem with other colors in this palette.

Chill
Pout
Cricket
Bolt
Sugarlite, Dragon Fly
Strike, Floss
Sugarlite is intense violet.

Dragon Fly is a blue-toned grass green, a bit deeper and greener than Cricket.

Strike is true orange, maybe a smidge red-toned.

Floss is a light ballet-slippers pink.

All of these four were difficult to swatch properly on bare skin, especially Floss. However on top of a base or primer, or different skintones, these will definitely show up better.

Sugarlite
Dragon Fly
Strike
Floss
Pucker, Bamm!
Crete, Pow!
Pucker is a hot bubble-gum pink.

Bamm! is a sunny egg yolk yellow.

Crete is a mid-toned gray, leaning on the cooler side of things.

Pow! is true white.

These last four colors are my second favorites, next to the first four. Bamm! is great as a summery inner highlight, and same for Pow!. Crete may just be my favorite shadow out of this whole palette, as boring as it seems. I like it because I was dying to try out some gray blush but didn't have any, so I used this shade and loved it. It's perfect for defining a pale face if you want a strange, nearly dead appearance. It's difficult for it to show up in my swatch below, but believe me that it is certainly well pigmented if you build it up or apply it over a base/primer.

Pucker
Bamm!
Crete
Pow!
Chill
Pout
Cricket
Bolt
Sugarlite
Dragon Fly
Strike
Pucker
Bamm!
Crete
Pow!
I stupidly accidentally covered up Floss with Pucker, so that's why it isn't visible in this picture.


Here's a picture of me using Crete as a light contour.

CONCLUSION

I really like this palette. I'll be honest, I tend to not wear bright colors on my eyes so this isn't a palette that gets used a whole lot. That said, when I do want to wear bright colors on my eyes I do pick up this palette first. It suits pretty much every need I have as far as matte colors are concerned.

The quality of this palette is very high, even for the relatively cheap price. Unfortunately Sleek MakeUP do not ship this product to the US, so I got mine off Amazon. I'll put both links down below.

Amazon

BUY HERE, $11.49


Sleek MakeUP

BUY HERE, $9.99

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.