3.8.14

Siren Cosmetics Eyeshadows in Heart Breaker, Queen Wasp, Billionaire, China Girl Reviews + Swatches



REVIEWS + SWATCHES



HEART BREAKER





Description from Sirencosmetics.biz:
seafoam green with bright green shimmer
approved for: eyes, face, nails
Ingredients list from Sirencosmetics.biz:
mica, titanium dioxide, bismuth oxychloride, chromium oxide, silica, tin oxide 
$0.50 for one sample baggie containing .005oz./.16gr. of product, $7.00 for one jar containing .111oz./3.14gr. of product.


Heart Breaker is a minty seafoam green-blue with a satin pearl finish.

This is a heavily pigmented smooth shadow. It goes on evenly and silkily, you don't need to pat it on. It does not smudge or fade easily, and even if you touch or rub it it will not budge noticeably.

You can't see it too well in the swatch picture, but this is a very shimmery shadow. It would work great as a highlighter for an alien -- so take note, intergalactic ladies.

Similar shades in my personal collection: Bog Body by Detrivore, matte; Maiden Queen by Shiro, more green.


QUEEN WASP




Description from Sirencosmetics.biz:
bright canary yellow shimmer
approved for: eyes, lips, face, nails
Ingredients list from Sirencosmetics.biz:
mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tin oxide, yellow 5 lake, magnesium myristate, magnesium stearate
$0.50 for one sample baggie containing .005oz./.16gr. of product, $7.00 for one jar containing .111oz./3.14gr. of product.


Queen Wasp is a sunny egg-yolk yellow with a satin finish and bits of shimmer.

The formula is extremely similar to that of Heart Breaker. Again, it is easy to apply, non-smudgeable, very long lasting, smooth, and pigmented.

My search for a very good shimmery true yellow is over. I can die happily now. Since seeing a post on /r/MakeupAddiction about using yellow as an inner highlight, I've been obsessed but never satisfied with the previous yellows I've tried. Even after many negative comments about how a yellow inner highlight looks like stuff is stuck in my eye, I still pressed on in my search for a better yellow.

Similar shades in my personal collection: Bamm! by Sleek MakeUP, matte; Fluoxetine by My Pretty Zombie, lighter yellow with blue shift.


BILLIONAIRE




Description from Sirencosmetics.biz:
shimmery peach with a hint of green shimmer
approved for: eyes, lips, face, nails
Ingredients list from Sirencosmetics.biz:
mica, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, iron oxide, carmine, tin oxide, silica, magnesium myristate
$0.50 for one sample baggie containing .005oz./.16gr. of product, $7.00 for one jar containing .111oz./3.14gr. of product.


Billionaire is a light coppery peach with small, nearly unnoticeable, flecks of green.

Honestly I hadn't noticed the green at all until I read the formal description on Siren's website. Now that I know it's there I can definitely see it, but just know that it is easily ignorable and not too jarring.

This is an opaque shadow with the same formula as the two before it. It isn't pearly like Heart Breaker, but more similar in finish to Queen Wasp. It is incredibly long lasting and resists smudging or transferring wonderfully.

Similar shades in my personal collection: In Rust by My Pretty Zombie, brighter, more saturated, more green sparks, less satin.


CHINA GIRL




Description from Sirencosmetics.biz:
bright shimmer white
approved for:  eyes, lips, face, nails
Ingredients list from Sirencosmetics.biz:
mica, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, calcium carbonate, zinc stearate, kaolin clay, silicon dioxide, allantoin, caranuba wax
$0.50 for one sample baggie containing .005oz./.16gr. of product, $7.00 for one jar containing .111oz./3.14gr. of product.


China Girl is a not-quite-opaque pearly true white.

This shade is more similar to Heart Breaker in finish, but all of these shadows are identical in formula. Application, texture, lasting time, etc. are all the same.

You could certainly apply this shade lightly, and I could see it being a nice highlighter for pale terrestrial girls.

Similar shades in my personal collection: Psychic by Meow Cosmetics, light yellow shift; Demons are my Bitches by My Pretty Zombie, warm-toned shimmer.

CONCLUSION

These are some pretty snazzy shadows, I really like them. It's Part 1 of my first purchase from Siren, and I'm certainly pleased. I would certainly recommend these shadows due to both their quality and their unique appearances.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.