2.7.14

My Pretty Zombie Drugs Like Me Blush in Fluoxetine Review + Swatch

Fluoxetine

I found My Pretty Zombie about a month ago. I was on an eyeshadow overload and blush deficiency, so I checked out their Drugs Like Me blush section.

Fluoxetine instantly caught my eye for two reasons: it's yellow, and I'd been wondering what yellow blush would look like; and, I'm actually on fluoxetine! Being both depressed and anxious, fluoxetine (Prozac) makes life a lot easier and happier. I called it destiny, and bought the blush.


Fluoxetine

REVIEW

Description from My Pretty Zombie's website:
I look at drug names all day long at my day job...what better thing to name a product that gives you a glowing visage? 
Please don't do drugs though, okay? They are very bad. Unless a professional tells you to.
Ingredients list from My Pretty Zombie's website:
Mica, zinc oxide, kaolin clay, magnesium myristrate, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, silica
Fluoxetine
Fluoxetine is a bright yellow with blue shimmer.

As you can see, I already ripped out the sifter as per my usual. The jar is square with a round lid, but it's not a super great lid. Even without shaking the jar too much there is a little bit of powder that sneaks through the threads. During use powder gets stuck in the threads and will get all over your fingers the next time you open the jar. Long story short, this is a messy product.

Messiness aside, application is straightforward and typical for a loose powder.

I normally don't talk about color during a review, I usually leave it up to the person to decide if they like the color or not, but I'll make an exception. This blush is a strange color, applied too heavily it really will make you a very pretty zombie. Or a seriously jaundiced sickly but magically alive human. Applied lightly, it can give you a cute shimmery brightening effect. I cannot stress to you enough how lightly it needs to be applied in order to look vaguely normal.

Once you have applied it to your desired strength, it won't fade during the day. It won't smudge easily, either. If I touch it I may get a little bit of shimmer on my fingers but it's not too noticeable or annoying, just something to take into consideration.

If you decide that zombiesque colorings aren't your thing, you can use this as a gorgeous eyeshadow as well. I like using it as an inner highlight.

Fluoxetine

CONCLUSION

I really like this blush because of the gimmick of it, and a little bit because of the actual product. Unless your favorite look is serious sparkly jaundice, you might want to skip this one. It's a cool product, and I love My Pretty Zombie as a company, but in all honesty it just isn't that versatile or usable in everyday life.

BUY HERE, $8.00