2.7.14

Impulse Loose Eyeshadow in Pick Your Poison Review + Swatches

Pick Your Poison

3/8/2016: NOT vegan

Pick Your Poison

REVIEW

Ingredients list from Impulse's website:
Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate (vegan), Boron, Caranuaba Wax. (May contain: Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese, Blue #1, Yellow #5, Carmine, Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate.)
Pick Your Poison is a shimmery classic chartreuse.

The eyeshadow is loose, as is the norm for most indie companies, and comes in a small jar with a sifter. I've mentioned before that I have not yet met a sifter that I like, and so mine was promptly removed after taking the picture above.

The jar itself is nice and compact with a tight seal and no leakage so far. I've turned my jar upside-down, and no powder fell out or got stuck in the threads. This is the neatest loose powder I've ever had.

Application is straightforward, though there is fallout if you pick up too much -- however this is true of all loose powders and not specific to this product alone.

Throughout the day there was no fading, which may be due to me sealing in the eyeshadow with e.l.f.'s Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer. There was very little transfer, so little that it was barely even noticeable; I could only see it when I peered really closely into the mirror.

This powder doesn't stick so greatly on non-primed skin unless you really pack on the color. On NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk this color really popped and was really vivid.

SWATCHES

Pick Your Poison, patted over NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and by itself

CONCLUSION

I like the product, I really do. I think that it is an interesting color with great quality and I'd like to get more from Impulse based on the quality alone, however there is a sketchier side to Impulse. I'm hesitant to buy more knowing this sketchier side exists, even though I really like their products. Decide for yourselves, but if you're going on the basis of if it is a good product or not, just know that it definitely is.

BUY HERE, $3.99