29.6.14

NYX Eyebrow Shaper Review




I never really did much with my eyebrows until just recently. When I got my makeup done for the first time, the ladies told me not to do anything with them -- just brush them through with a spoolie. It was good enough advice, considering my 14 years of age in addition to my Homo neanderthalensis-esque eyebrows.

Anyway, I decided that I needed a bit more oomph to my brows since I noticed that they got covered up by my foundation and looked more like Heterocephalus glaber-esque eyebrows (read: nonexistent). I knew that I didn't really need anything too strong, like a pencil or the only 'pomade' on the market, but maybe just run some powder through them. I did that for a while and then when I got fed up with my unkempt eyebrow hairs, I bought this wax shaper pencil.

REVIEW


Description from NYX's website:
Tame unruly eyebrows with this ingenious wax pencil. The blend of waxes is enriched with Vitamin E and leaves arches in tip-top condition and impeccable shape, with just a few strokes.
Ingredients list from NYX's website:
Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/ Cire Microcristalline, Polyisobutene, Cetyl Palmitate, Talc, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite,  Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl  Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Aloe Bardadensis Leaf Extract

As you can see here, this pencil is packaged similarly to the Jumbo Eye Pencils, also by NYX. The pencil is chubbier than the Jumbo Eye Pencils, as well as shorter.


The tip of my pencil is dulled because I use it a lot, but it first came sharper like how it appears in the picture from NYX's website.

The wax has a bit of a yellowish tint to it, but it really doesn't transfer onto the brows. It's pretty much invisible on the brows.


Here is my right eyebrow, completely untamed. No makeup at all, after a long day of eating and playing Minecraft.


After brushing my eyebrow through with a spoolie and the Eyebrow Shaper, here we are. The hairs are obviously neater, and the color of hairs is a bit darker as well. I'm not exactly sure why this wax makes my eyebrows darker, but it does. Hey, I like it because I feel like they disappear sometimes.

The wax lasts all day and doesn't feel weird at all. In addition, applying powder on your brows after using the Eyebrow Shaper will be a lot easier; the wax makes it easy for the powder to cling onto, like a primer. This even works well on top of Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde, and doesn't smudge it at all.

CONCLUSION

I really like this pencil, and I will certainly buy another after this one runs out. Luckily you don't need a whole lot to get the desired effect, so one pencil will last you for a while. At $8.75 a pencil, it's not the cheapest thing in the world but it certainly isn't bank-breaking.

BUY HERE