29.6.14

Palladio Rice Powder in Translucent Review




I wrote a post about NYX's Matte Finish Setting Spray before, in which I mentioned this powder. I still do prefer it to Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent, but I know why now.

REVIEW


Description from Palladio's website:
Rice Powder has been used for generations and is known for its oil-absorbing properties. Known for its ability to help makeup last longer and leave a silky finish on the skin, Rice Powder can be used alone or to set makeup. Use alone or on top of your favorite Palladio foundation. For on-the-go rice powder, try our Rice Paper Blotting Tissues.      
Rice Powder is the refined starch from rice, known as Oryza Sativa. The powder of rice has been used for centuries in the ancient art of Ayurveda, a holistic healing practice, helping soothe inflamed skin.   It has been used by Asian women in their facial makeup and to wash their skin since the 16th century. It is considered an emollient rich skin treatment.
Ingredients list from Sallybeauty.com: 
Calcium Carbonate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance
This is a loose powder, as you can see from the picture above. There is a sifter included, which sort of annoys me. I have yet to find a sifter that I like.

The packaging for this product is gorgeous and I love it. The woman on the front is so elegant and lovely, I want to use this powder just to look like her. The box is nice and compact and fits in with other products nicely because of the right angles -- why can't every makeup product have right angles? My makeup desk would be so much more organized.... A similarly right-angled square puff was included with this product, but I found it mostly unusable and just plain annoying so I threw it out.

I'm pale enough to need the Translucent shade, even though 'Translucent' isn't very translucent. There are also two other colors for darker skinned ladies and those who want more coverage, Natural and Warm Beige.

This powder goes on very easily and stays pretty long. Of all the powders I've used, this is the best though none have lasted all throughout the day. In the heat I do need to reapply after a few hours, but NYX's Matte Finish Setting Spray works well for mattifying. When used to set my concealer, it does not budge or smudge or melt. Same with foundation. I can apply this liberally over my foundation and not get foundation-y fingers when I touch my face.

I like the fragrance, though I could see how others wouldn't. It smells identical to Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder. Whether or not this brings you back to your infancy and awakens a nostalgia for mushy sweet potatoes and peas, it is nonetheless a calming smell.

CONCLUSION

I recommend it! I've tried a few different powders, drugstore or no, and this is by far my favorite. I'll be trying out some more powders in the future, but right now this is the best. It's cheap, too! On Palladio's website you can get it for $5... or you could go to Ulta and buy it for -- get this -- $4.99! What a deal!

BUY HERE