30.6.14

Impulse Cosmetics Lipstick + Eyeshadow Swatches

Loose Eyeshadow in Pick Your Poison

3/8/2016: Eyeshadow NOT vegan, lipsticks are vegan

I love brightly colored lipsticks, so I nearly died when I came across Impulse Cosmetics. Many lipsticks in different finishes, odd colors, cheap pricing, great customer service. This is my first purchase from Impulse, but certainly not my last.

SWATCHES

Opaque Matte Lipstick in Circus
Opaque Matte Lipstick in Circus
Circus is a beautiful color, but unfortunately it's not what I was expecting.
from Impulse Cosmetics' website
Opaque Matte Lipstick in Circus
This is the picture from Impulse's website, but if you look at my swatch below you can see that they are not the same.
Opaque Matte Lipstick in Circus
It's still a gorgeous color, but I really would've wanted exactly what the color in the picture looks like.

Opaque Matte Lipstick in Lobotomy
Opaque Matte Lipstick in Lobotomy
I became enamored with Melt Cosmetics' Blow recently, but it's always sold out and too much money. Lobotomy seemed like an alright dupe, and if not it was just a great color on its own.

Like Circus, this color isn't identical to the picture on Impulse's website but this one is at least very similar. With this one you could chalk the color change up to different lighting and camera qualities. 

Opaque Matte Lipstick in Lobotomy
Loose Eyeshadow in Pick Your Poison
This is the only product that looks exactly like it does on the website. I do prefer pressed eyeshadows to loose, but I'll make an exception for indie companies.

Loose Eyeshadow in Pick Your Poison
Patted on top of NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, and by itself underneath

I am slightly disappointed about the lipsticks not being identical to the colors on the website, but it won't dissuade me from buying more from Impulse.