14.6.14

e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip Swatches + Review


Golden Peach, Pink Lemonade, Spotlight, Persimmon, Lilac Petal

SWATCHES

Golden Peach
Pink Lemonade
Spotlight
Persimmon
Lilac Petal

REVIEW

All of these whips are shimmery and catch light beautifully. At $1 apiece, you really can't go wrong by buying them. I bought Lilac Petal a while back and fell in love with it almost immediately, so then I ran back to e.l.f.'s website to buy the other four.

Lilac Petal and Spotlight are great for everyday highlighters. Lilac Petal is a bit closer to my skin color, while Spotlight is pretty much pure white.

Golden Peach could also be used as a highlighter, but maybe only in summertime or on darker yellow-toned skins since it has a bronze side to it.

Persimmon and Pink Lemonade are pretty much shimmery blushes. I don't see how they could be used only as a highlighter unless you have bright crimson skin, and as far as I know people like that don't do a whole lot of existing.

You only need to use a very small amount, but even if you didn't it would still be worth the $1 purchase. This product dries fairly quickly but before that point it is easy to blend, and after this point it won't budge. They also smell nice, like flowers.

One thing I love doing is putting this under my foundation, which gives a very pretty and healthy subtle glow. Other than that I use it to highlight on my cheekbones, nose, forehead and chin.

Overall, I absolutely love these. Persimmon and Pink Lemonade are my least favorites, and they probably won't be getting a whole lot of use, but my purchase was still very much worth it. I would be willing to pay fifteen times more than what e.l.f. is currently charging, but please don't tell them that and then have them raise the price.