30.6.14

e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush Review



I got this brush with a collection that e.l.f. was selling for 1/7 of its normal price. I have an Aveda blush brush, which I love, so I wasn't really in the market for a new brush but the deal was too good to pass up.

REVIEW


Description from e.l.f.'s website:
This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush! The tailored design allows for easy maneuvering and precise color application creates a beautifully defined and sculpted look Can be used to apply blush or bronzer. 
*Vegan Friendly
The synthetic bristles are very soft and pick up product easily. There have been no incidents of shedding, even though I've washed this brush multiple times and use it every day.


The brush is tapered, as you can see from this picture and the one below it. This helps to apply powder with more accuracy, and also to carve and sculpt facial features.

As for really the only downside, the width. This brush is very thin and doesn't cover my entire cheekbone when I apply blush with it, giving me a very unattractive stripe of pigment on my cheek.

It is because of this downside that I started using this brush as a bronzing brush, and that I started realizing its greatness. 


As a bronzing brush, this thing is wonderful! It applies the powder evenly and blends it out like a dream.

I've not yet tried it as a contour brush, but I'm honestly guessing that it wouldn't be the best -- simply because I like a non-dense brush to apply my contour, like a fan brush.

CONCLUSION

It's a nice, cheap, durable bronzing brush. Maybe some of you will find use for it as a blush brush, or a contouring brush, but I think that the majority of you will love it as a bronzing brush.

BUY HERE, $3