5.7.14

Aveda Mosscara in Earth Review + Swatch

Earth

Earth
Earth
Earth

REVIEW

Earth
Description from Aveda's website:
Our thickening mascara conditions lashes from roots to tips with a blend of Iceland moss and other pure plant extracts. Our Mosscara brush smoothly and evenly blankets lashes in rich, lasting color. Leaves them lush and soft to the touch. Smudge- and flake-proof.
  • Conditions and thickens
  • Buildable, natural effects
  • Fast-drying
  • Ophthalmologist-tested and fragrance-free

Earth is, in the tube, a milk chocolate color. On lashes, it solidifies into a nearly-black brown, like black coffee.

This mascara isn't too thick or thin in formula, and the stopper is tight enough to remove excess product from the wand. The mascara goes on easily and is buildable, within a certain amount of time. It doesn't dry instantly so it might transfer a bit if you blink too tightly.

The wand is a nice length, size, and the brush itself is very good. It looks very thick, and it is, but it is still usable for applying mascara to your lower lashes.

I don't know what it is in a mascara to make your lashes curl, but this makes my lashes curl. Granted, they are fairly curly to begin with, but this mascara truly does make a big difference. It also adds tons of length, thickness, definition, and all that other good stuff.

During the day this doesn't fade, although sometimes it does 'melt' into your skin if it's too hot out. It's very subtle, but you might get a bit of shadow under your eyes. I always just smudge it away and don't pay much attention to it. It will also flake if you touch it, but so do all mascaras that I've tried.

Even though I still consider this a good product, more than a few claims on their website are untrue. That's a bit shady if you ask me. Maybe there is no added fragrance, but the mascara does smell. It is not smudge and flake proof, as I mentioned in the paragraph above. I also can't find and ingredients list anywhere, and I threw out the box months ago so I can't check that.

SWATCH

Earth
Here is a closeup of the eye look I wore today, featuring my Mosscara in Earth. Is it still called a swatch when you put mascara on your lashes? I don't know....

CONCLUSION

Even considering all of the downsides I listed, I really do like this mascara. This is the one that I reach for most often, and I'm never disappointed by the look of it. I would like to be able to get the exact same effect but with a truly smudge- and flake-proof formula, but for now this is my favorite.

BUY HERE, $18

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.