23.7.14

dr. brandt BB Matte with Signature SHINERASE Review + Swatches



REVIEW

Description from Drbrandtskincare.com:
This all-in-one oil-free beauty balm provides instant mattifying coverage and oil-control, giving your skin an instant makeover. BB matte provides natural looking coverage to even skin tone and SPF 30 protection with 100% mineral filters, ideal for oily/combination, blemish-prone and sensitive skin types.
  • regulates sebum & erases shine
  • evens out skin texture & tone
  • conceals imperfections (i.e. blemishes & redness) with buildable coverage
  • protects against UVA/UVB rays
  • smoothes & hydrates
  • non-comedogenic
Ingredients list from Sephora.com:
Water, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Peg-8 Laurate, Silica, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Arachidyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Beeswax, Algea Extract, Adenosine, Hexylresorcinol, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Bisabolol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylates/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Peg-8, Xanthan Gum, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bht, Disodium Edta, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Cosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitol, Lecithin, Oleic Acid, Methylisothazolinone, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)
About $39.00 for one 1oz./30gr. tube.


This BB cream has no scent. The formula is creamy and smooth, similar to Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (not cruelty-free). You don't need much to get this to work well, but you can definitely build up coverage if you'd prefer that. The coverage can go from I'd say very light to medium.

At first application, this BB cream was way too dark for my skin. The undertones are fairly neutral, leaning a bit pinkish to me. My undertone is yellow so at first I was sure that this would never blend in or look good on me. Luckily, after repeatedly blending and smoothing this product into my skin it matches to my skintone very well. 

There is only one other shade of this product, Medium to Dark, which I don't have but would assume does the same sort of color-matching. It isn't the best product in the world for the extremely pale, or I'm expecting the extremely dark.

After applying this, you will immediately be matte. Seriously, this stuff is amazing. It makes you look matte but not washed out or too monotone. It stays matte throughout the day, getting a bit dewy when I started sweating. I dabbed at my face with a towel and got back to the nice matte finish.

Without using a powder to set this it rubs off easily. To the touch this feels a bit slippery, though your face will feel like you're wearing nothing. I imagine that setting it with a powder will make the slipperiness go away.

It does last for a long time. At times it will get shinier or crease a little bit, but it will definitely stay with you throughout the day.

SWATCHES


At first application
Blended lightly
Blended heavily
In the lowest picture you can see that even after blending in the cream heavily, it isn't a perfect match for my extremely pale wrist. This is why I don't think it'll good for the very pale.

CONCLUSION

If you have a skintone that doesn't hit either extreme of paleness or darkness, I think that this is a great BB cream. I can wear this just by itself and have all of the coverage I need for the day. It does a better job than lots of foundations I could mention at keeping my skin matte throughout the day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.