3.7.14

Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black Review + Swatches

Ultra Black

Ultra Black
The text here is very hard to read, but it says:
Eye BOOSTER 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

REVIEW 

Description from Physicians Formula's website:
  • High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step! 
  • Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective. 
  • Innovative and easy to use eyelining tool delivers effortless definition. 
  • High-tech Japanese formula is long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.
Ingredients list from Physicians Formula's website:
Water. Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer. Butylene Glycol. SD Alcohol 40. Beheneth-30. Ammonium Acrylates/Methyl Styrene/Styrene Copolymer. Glycerin. Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17. 1,2-Hexanediol. Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer. Caprylyl Glycol. Ethylhexylglycerin. Pentylene Glycol. Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol. Sodium Hydroxide. Disodium EDTA. Black 2
Ultra Black
Ultra Black is matte, true black.

The tip of this pen is brush and not felt, which I quite like. The brush is very soft and keeps its shape very well. The thin tip allows you to draw very thin lines for things like tightlining.

The pen itself is light, a good length, and not slippery. The only thing I dislike about the pen is the shiny exterior since it is susceptible to smudges á la NARS packaging.

But to what really matters: the formula. It's awesome. It is a true deep black, though a bit patchy if you apply too quickly. When this happens I just go back over it with the pen and you can easily cover these patchy bits for a perfect line. It does not fade at all throughout the day, or smudge (even if I rub my eyes!), or transfer. This is the best liner I've ever used.

Even though it is nearly bulletproof (hyperbole; don't attempt to use this eyeliner as bullet protection) when you want it to be, it comes off easily and neatly with my personal makeup remover of choice: coconut oil. Water alone won't do too much to it, so don't worry about wearing this in the rain, you need to rub it a bit in order to get it off.

This claims to also be a lash booster serum, but honestly I haven't noticed much of a difference yet. I'll post an update if I start to notice changes in the future, but for now I've got nothing to report.

SWATCHES

Ultra Black
I went a bit crazy with the swatches, but I really just want to show you the sorts of lines you can do. Thick, thin, in between, whatever.

CONCLUSION

Like I said before, this is the best liner I've ever used. That said, it is still a liquid liner, meaning that it would be difficult to apply for a beginner (or even some intermediates). If you would like something similar but in a gel form, check out my review of NYX's Gel Liner & Smudger.

So far I've not noticed any lengthening or thickening of my lashes, but that doesn't in any way diminish how great this product is.

For staying power, depth of color, non-smudge-ability, and ease of application for a liquid liner, I really don't see how any product could get better than this one for the price.

BUY HERE, $10.95

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.