10.8.14

Femme Fatale Eyeshadows in Candied Apple, Peebles Reviews + Swatches







This is the sort of jar that these shadows come in. I got the Mini* sizes so that is what is shown above.

I always depot my loose shadows into other jars, which are the ones shown below. If you want to know more about the jars that I use, search the Storage tag on this blog.

*Protip: minis are a better value ($1.21 per gram) than full sizes ($1.28 per gram). They also offer a ton of product, about as much as My Pretty Zombie's full sizes.


REVIEWS + SWATCHES

CANDIED APPLE



Description from Femmefatale.com.au:
Candied Apple is a loose mineral based eye shadow. It’s a pale redwood pink with a green duochrome, and blends out to have an almost brown undertone to it. Candied Apple is part of our permanent Halloween 2012 set ‘Handful of Treats‘.
Ingredients list from Femmefatale.com.au:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide (77861), Iron Oxide (77491), Carmine, Magnesium Stearate, Carnauba Wax
$3.63 for one 3gr. mini jar with or without sifter, $6.44 for one 5gr. full-size jar.


Candied Apple is a faded pinky-rose base with strong, and I mean strong, granny smith green shift.

Goodness gracious I love this shadow.

For days in which I have very little time to get ready, I like keeping track of what shadows look good and "complete" just on their own. Candied Apple is so far the best shadow in my collection for wearing on its own.

Depending on how the light hits you, different parts will shimmer. I attempted to recreate what this shadow looks like in the light in the photo below, and I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. On lids the green is prominent in the middle, with the rosiness acting like a definition shade around your socket line. This, alone, paired with mascara... mmm....

The shadow itself is so, so silky and buttery and bendable and smooth. Femme Fatale's formula is tied with Blackbird's for best formula in my personal makeup book. The magical thing about FF's formula, and so far this is the only formula I've found that does this, is that when you blend the shadow out the shift gets stronger. Yes, you read that correctly. Stronger. I almost cried.

It lasts throughout thick and thin, BUT NOT THROUGH WATER. These shadows literally instantly turn to watercolors when they hit water. Smudging, transferring, and fading are not even a concern with this shadow.


PEEBLES



Description from Femmefatale.com.au:
Peebles from the Post-Apocalyptic Collection.
A coral toned bubblegum pink with green shimmer.
Ingredients list from Femmefatale.com.au:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide (77861), Silica, Iron Oxide (77491), Carmine, Synthetic Fluorophlogopite, Magnesium Stearate, Carnauba Wax.
$3.63 for one 3gr. mini jar with or without sifter, $6.44 for one 5gr. full-size jar.


Peebles is a hot bubblegum pink with gold flecks.

While Femme Fatale calls the flecks green, I don't really see it in my jar. The one I have is pretty much just plain ol' yellow. Regardless, it is certainly sparkly. I took the second picture intentionally out of focus just to try and capture the sparks a bit more.

This is the same smooth, buttery, blendable formula as Candied Apple. It lasts just as long, smudges just as little. The shimmer in this is strong, but it doesn't get stronger as you blend. Luckily it also doesn't get weaker as you blend. It stays pretty much the same.

Similar Shadows in my Collection: mNg no. 1 by My Pretty Zombie, deeper pink, blue sparks.



CONCLUSION

Femme Fatale is great. The formula is smooth, blendable, buttery, and you get a lot of bang for your buck (see the asterisk above).

If you don't get Peebles, even though I think you should because it's nice, you need to get Candied Apple. It has the potential to go down in indie makeup history as one of the best shadows ever.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.