21.8.14

Notoriously Morbid Lipcraft in Pale of Sanity Review + Swatch





I got this, along with some shadows, as a part of a beauty blogger package my NM. The gloss that I got originally (Kiss and Tell) was unfortunately broken when I first opened it, the wand had broken off. I wrote the Carrie (the owner) and asked for a replacement, and she was very kind and quick in getting one out to me. Originally we had agreed that I would just get the same shade, but I also mentioned that I was enviously eyeing Pale of Sanity.

With the envelope that this Lipcraft came in, Carrie had written me a note that let me know that the ingredients for Kiss and Tell hadn't come in yet, so she figured that she would give me Pale of Sanity instead. To put it at its mildest, I was overjoyed.


REVIEW

Description from Notoriouslymorbid.com:
Introducing Notoriously Morbid's Lipcraft Lipgloss. A non-sticky, high-shine gloss in different levels of opaqueness including sheer, medium coverage, and oqaque. Gloss arrives in a 5.9 mL rounded lip gloss tube with a doe foot applicator.
Pale Of Sanity: A creamy tangerine with a gold shift/sheer. *VEGAN*
Ingredients list from Notoriouslymorbid.com:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil. May contain: Mica, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine, Red #40, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide. 
$4.50 for one 5.9ml tube.



Pale of Sanity is a sheer but buildable nude-light orange with pinky undertones and subtle gold shimmer.

Say hello to my new favorite gloss.

I've been obsessed with this particular color since getting my hands on COVERGIRL's Rapture, and subsequently a cruelty-free variant NYX Vitamin. Both of these colors are very similar, but a little different -- more on that below.

This gloss very faintly smells of buttery vanilla. It's similar to the NYX Butter Glosses, but much less intense. I know that some makeup addicts find the Butter Gloss scent too strong, so this would be a similar but light version of that. As far as I can tell, it doesn't taste of anything but it doesn't taste bad, either -- I'm looking at you, Shiro unflavored gloss.

It applies very smoothly and the pigmentation is buildable. It never becomes fully opaque, just varying levels of sheer. Even after multiple layers I could still see the texture and color of my bare lips, which makes this a good MLBB gloss and also good for layering over another lipcolor. There is absolutely no stickiness to this, even less stickiness than NYX's Butter Glosses -- which I hadn't thought was possible. It is so comfortable to wear, and feels incredibly moisturizing.

It lasts as long as your average gloss lasts. It does transfer/rub off if you eat or drink, but shouldn't wear off too quickly if all you're doing is talking.

The only thing that I'm worried about going forward is the possibility that the wand may break off, like my previous Lipcraft Kiss and Tell did. Carrie said that she was going to talk to the manufacturer of the tubes and see if she could get some of a higher quality. I know that breakage is a possibility with any cosmetics company, indie or otherwise, so I could be a bit too sensitive just because this is the first time I've ever had a cosmetic product come in broken. Don't take this as a reason to not buy Lipcrafts, I just want to portray the product as accurately as I can.

SWATCHES

I normally include a wrist swatch for lip products, but I have henna on my swatch wrist currently so today you only get two face swatches. Enjoy.



CONCLUSION

Buy it. Buy all of them. Buy them as soon as Carrie releases new ones. I've been obsessed with glosses recently, and I can honestly say that this is my new favorite. I love the formula so much. And at only $4.50 a tube, you can't afford not to buy it! (which is what I say to myself every time ULTA has a sale)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.