22.6.14

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator review


I'm something of a lip product junkie. It all started with lip balm, circa 2006. If I didn't constantly reapply lip balm I would go through an achy, throbbing, red-lipped withdrawal phase that was only worsened by water. As a result I now carry lip balm around with me religiously, and pack multiple tubes with me wherever I go.

My super moisturized lips have very few wrinkles on them, nice texture, and they have become my pride and joy. In order to keep them looking their best I realized that I needed to exfoliate somehow. 

I first mixed together a honey and sugar mixture, but that was too difficult to smudge into my lips. Then a friend gave me a lavender and salt mixture, which was difficult like the previous one to apply and tasted horrible because of the salt. I thought, if only there were an exfoliator shaped like a lipstick -- it would be so simple to use!

Telling myself that this was an unrealistic hope, I reluctantly went back to the honey and sugar. BUT just as life was looking its dreariest I was wandering around e.l.f.'s website when I found the most gloryful sight:



A lipstick-shaped exfoliator!

REVIEW


Description from e.l.f.'s website:
Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel.
Ingredients list from e.l.f.'s website:
Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance (Parfum), Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)
True to its description, this exfoliator certainly does remove dry and chapped skin very gently. Even after multiple uses my lips never feel sore, if I use the exfoliator as I should. According to their website you should wet your lips first before exfoliating, which will make the bumpy exfoliator glide more smoothly along your luscious lips. When I first got this product I just ran it across my lips with nothing else on, and it did nothing. I was disappointed until I read their website on how to use it properly.

This exfoliator sure is sugary! According to their ingredients sheet, the first ingredient is sugar. It doesn't come as a surprise to me or anyone else who has used this product, since we all know just how similar this smells and tastes to maple syrup. I am fairly sensitive to sweetness so at times it's a bit too sugary for me, but I know that I'm in the minority with this problem.

After just a few uses my lips are definitely smoother, and my lipstick goes one without bunching up around bits of dried skin.


CONCLUSION


Go out and buy it! It's a great product, and at $3 apiece it's a steal.

BUY HERE