21.6.14

e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer Review + Swatch

e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer, Sand



e.l.f. Maximum Coverage Concealer, Sand


This, ladies and gents, is my left hand. I have a small freckle on my wrist that I will attempt to cover with this concealer.

I bought this concealer recently, because my previous concealer is now too light for me. It was fine in the winter but my skin has reluctantly darkened during the summer.

Here is a small dollop of the concealer next to my freckle. I prefer doe-foot applicators vs. tubes for concealer because with tubes it's difficult to control how much product comes out. I find myself using too much with this concealer, which is annoying but not too horrible since it's a cheap product.

Using my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, I stippled the concealer into my skin. As you can see here, the color is a bit different than my hand's color, but it does a very good job at concealing the freckle.

On my face, the concealer doesn't crease, dry out, 'curdle', or anything else like that. When set with powder this concealer lasts all day long, and doesn't fade.

e.l.f. products are generally hit and miss for me, but this concealer is a definite hit. The only thing I would change about this product is the packaging, but that's a small thing to change. I'm hoping to try other e.l.f. concealers in the future, ones with the applicators I like. Hopefully the formula will be the same, or at least similar.