22.7.14

Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Tesserae Review + Swatches

Tesserae


REVIEW

Description from Aveda.com:
Let your color bloom: bronze, highlight, flush or blush with our flower-based face powder bouquets. Blend and build, with a trio of long-wearing colors inspired by—and infused with—aromatic florals.
• tri-color palettes
• talc- and mineral oil-free
• infused with a soft floral aroma, with certified organic lavender 
• packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) clamshell and paper sleeve

About $24.00 per .30oz./8.5gr. magnetic pan.

Tesserae
Tesserae is a tri-colored satin blush. The individual colors are, from top to bottom, a golden peach for highlighting, a rose-gold for blushing, and a rose for contouring and adding depth. When all colors are mixed together the resulting color is a color very similar to the middle color alone.

There are two main ways to apply this blush:
  1. Sweeping your brush along the tin and similarly along your cheeks, such that the golden peach color is on the tops of your cheekbones and the rose color is nearly in your hollow.
  2. Swirling your brush in the tin, picking up bits of each color, and muddling them together on your cheeks.
I personally prefer the first method, but that's just me. The downside to the first method is that sometimes the lines are very distinct, and it is difficult to blend this blush in. If you apply it gently and build up the color it looks great but don't expect to be able to fix it if you apply too much. This blush does not budge, though it does fade a little.

Whichever method you pick, this blush gives you an incredibly natural glow. In terms of how natural it looks, I'd put this on the same level as NARS Orgasm and NYX Tea Rose.

Tesserae

SWATCHES

Tesserae, golden peach color
rose-gold color
rose color
all colors mixed together

CONCLUSION

This is the first blush I ever bought. I bought it because I went into Aveda saying, "I don't know anything but I want to know everything." They taught and sold me the basics, including this blush. It served me well before I made to leap to buy my next blush. It is a really great blush, but there are other similar blushes for less money. Make the decision for yourself, taking into account the balance on your own bank account.

All photos have been color-corrected. No editing aside from color-correcting has been used on any of these photos.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.