11.7.14

Wet N Wild Mega Liner in Dark Brown Review + Swatches

Dark Brown


Dark Brown

REVIEW

Description from Wnwbeauty.com:
Easy-to-control liquid liner has a fine, flexible brush for precise application. Rich, fluid formula dries fast and stays put to subtly enhance or dramatically define.
Ingredients list from Makeupalley.com;
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Polysorbate 80, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PVP, Triethanolamine Diazolidinyl Urea, Xanthan Gum, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Mica (in 862-866), Silica (in 861), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (in 863), Palmitic Acid (in 863). May Contain: Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)
Dark Brown
Dark Brown is self-explanatory. Nuff said.

This is the first eyeliner I ever bought. I used to only wear eyeshadow and mascara, but I really wanted to amp up my game and try some winged liner. I'd read that the best way to get a sharp wing was with liquid liner, so that's what I bought -- not knowing that liquid liner is also the most difficult to apply.

An often-shared .gif sums up how good I was at applying it for the first few months:


Nowadays, I'm a lot better at it (though still not perfect) so I am ready to write my review.

The brush for this liner is appropriately thin and keeps its shape very well. As is typical with liquid liners, the lid doubles as a handle for the brush. It's long enough to work well and not feel too strange or unnatural.

The formula itself is fairly thin, which means that you need to wipe a bit of the product off of the brush before applying, or you'll start looking like this fancy lady:


I think that's enough non-makeup related images for one post. Back to reviewing...

On the brush, the stick that attaches the bristles to the lid gets absolutely covered in product. It's frustrating that this happens because sometimes the stick will bump my eyelid and make everything go raccoon-like. I've started wiping the product off of this stick, but that feels a bit wasteful.

Once the stuff is actually on your lid, or wherever you plan on putting it, it gets crackly. It will stay if you don't touch it, but keep in mind that if you do your eyeliner will come flaking off like scale from iron. It doesn't smudge, just crackle and flake.

SWATCHES

Dark Brown
I tried to show a nice variety of thick, thin, and wimpishly winged.

CONCLUSION

For a drugstore liner, I guess it's alright. I haven't tried many other liquid liners to compare, just my favorite Physicians Formula pen. I know that it's more expensive, but if you are in the market for a drugstore liquid eyeliner then go with the Physicians Formula one.

BUY HERE, $2.99

All photos have been color-corrected except for swatch photo and the photos I do not own.
No editing aside from color-correcting has been used on any of these photos, except the ones I do not own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.