13.7.14

My Experience with Impulse Cosmetics' Customer Service

I ordered from Impulse a while ago, and you can see what I got in my previous post here.

I was certainly disappointed by Circus not being the color advertised, however I loved the quality of the products I received as well as the color selection available from Impulse. I ordered another lipstick, and with it wrote a message to the owner of Impulse. I don't have the exact wording of what I wrote to her, but here is a basic summary of what I said:
Hi! I recently bought Circus but when I received it, I think I got the wrong color. I wrote a blog post about it here: http://newlyvain.blogspot.com/2014/06/impulse-cosmetics-lipstick-eyeshadow.html. If it's possible to get the color that appears in the picture, I would love to. If not, if the color was reformulated or something, then maybe you could change the picture on your website to reflect the new formula. Thank you!
When I received my new lipstick order, I got no extra product or even a message. I wasn't totally expecting to get a free Circus as advertised, but it would have been nice. At the very least I was hoping for some sort of message and maybe a discounted Circus as advertised.

I want to be very honest here, however. It is possible that the entirety of my message was not sent to the owner, since in the email confirmation I received only part of the message was displayed under the Order Notes section. Even if this is the case, though, I would still hope to have some sort of outreach from the owner, at least somebody trying to make it right.

This combined with other stories I've heard about Impulse and in specific their customer service, I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. Yes, I love the products in and of themselves but if I can't trust that I will receive what I order, what is the point?

I know some of you may have different experiences, and that is fine. I am not trying to completely dissuade you from ever buying from Impulse again -- I am not calling for a boycott by any means. I am simply offering my experience in the hopes that it might help someone else.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.