2.8.14

Fyrinnae Loose Eyeshadows in Mephisto + Pumpkinfire Reviews + Swatches




REVIEWS + SWATCHES



PUMPKINFIRE



Description from Fyrinnae.com:
Brilliant coppery-orange sparkle and shimmer in opaque, yet blendable black.
Ingredients list from Fyrinnae.com:
Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Styrene/PVP Copolymer, Myristyl Myristate. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Tin Oxide, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate,Blue #1, Red #40, Yellow #5, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Silica.
$2.25 for a mini jar with 1/3tsp. of product, $6.25 for a full-size jar weighing about 3gr.



Pumpkinfire is a matte black base loaded with red, orange, and yellow sparks.

The swatches on Fyrinnae.com don't look like my product, at all. It's okay because I actually prefer the one I got to the pictures on Fyrinnae's site, but I still felt that I should mention it. Other people have the same one I do, that doesn't at all look like the one on the site, so I don't think that this is a one-off faulty batch.

The formula is loose but a bit clumpy, making it less messy than other loose shadows. Darling Girls' Semi-Loose powders look similar. The texture is that of really, really fine damp sand. There is no grit in the shadow, no roughness.

It's a bit difficult to pick it up on my brush or fingers to apply, and it doesn't enjoy being spread around in sweeping motions. I've found that patting this shadow on is the best thing, because if you try to sweep it around you'll remove all of the beautiful sparks. Because you do need to pat it on, there is a decent amount of fallout. It also doesn't have a fully opaque base, so in order to get that you really need to pack on the pigment.

After applying this shadow lasts a very long time. It doesn't smudge easily, though some of the sparks will come off if you touch them. If you leave them alone, it'll last you all day.

Similar: Oil Slick by Urban Decay, fewer sparks, uncolored (silver) sparks, easier to apply; Thoughts are Stars by Beauty For The Win, easier to apply, blue and red and silver sparks, more pigmented.


MEPHISTO



Description from Fyrinnae.com:
Mephisto is a dark royal blue with a vibrant metallic red sheen that's quite striking when the light hits it. Metallic finish, not sparkly. If the red goes somewhat coppery on application, add a little more. 
Not lip-safe. Halloween 2009
Ingredients list from Fyrinnae.com:
Mica, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Styrene/PVP Copolymer, Myristyl Myristate. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Tin Oxide, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide, Copper Powder, Bronze Powder, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Magnesium Myristate,Blue #1, Red #40, Yellow #5, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Silica.
$2.25 for a mini jar with 1/3tsp. of product, $6.25 for a full-size jar weighing about 3gr.



Mephisto is an intense bluish ultraviolet with coppery red shift, metallic finish.

Like Pumpkinfire and, I believe, all of Fyrinnae's loose shadows Mephisto's formula is clumpy in the jar but smooth on skin.

This shadow is easier to apply than Pumpkinfire, but still a bit difficult. If I use too many sweeping motions the entire shift will be gone, and I'll be left with a still pretty but disappointing satin blue-violet. Again, it's best if you apply this shadow in patting motions. I had more fallout with this shadow than with Pumpkinfire.

It doesn't smudge easily or transfer during wear, but the shift will fall away with time. When I first applied the shadow the shift was very prominent, making it look more like a metallic copper with bluish undertones. Even after one or two hours the purple was the predominant shade, which I prefer. If I touch or rub the shadow I'll speed up this de-shifting process.


CONCLUSION


After hearing so, so many rave reviews about Fyrinnae I decided to buy myself a few shadows. They are beautiful but a bit tricky. Hopefully I'll get the hang of these so that I'll be able to wear them more, because they are truly gorgeous. I can't wait to use these two as eyeliners.

The only downsides I can think of are how difficult they are to apply, and Fyrinnae's unnavigable website. Seriously, it's almost as bad as MAC's website. I expect that as time goes on I'll get the application thing down, but unfortunately I'm just not seeing an end to that horrible site.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts; I love comments! Please just keep it civil.